Effective Learning and Growth Mindset
Growth Mindset Characters
Our Growth Mindset characters encourage your children to remain effective and motivated learners and give them language to be able to explain the skills they use whilst learning.
Our four characters are:
Challenge Chimpanzee - I like to challenge myself and always want to know what is next.
Effort Ant - I put lots of effort into my work and always try my hardest.
Perserverance Polar Bear - I keep trying, even if it is tricky.
Mistake Moggy - I made a mistake and I learnt from it.
We will encourage the children to:
- celebrate making mistakes – we can learn from them;
- never give up – perseverance is the key if we are to succeed;
- learn from each other;
- don’t compare ourselves with others;
- challenge ourselves and take risks;
- remember that our brains are making new connections and growing all the time.
The children also receive growth mindset stickers when it is felt they have particularly demonstrated the skills linked to one of the characters.