We continue to work with all members of our community so we can continue to grow and develop. As a school, we value the opinion of children and regularly ask for feedback, this may be formally or informally, and will help us to improve further. Following up on our survey in June 2021, we conducted another survey in February 2022.
We are very pleased that nearly all questions received over 90% positive feedback, we also followed up with every child on any feedback that was given.
In June over 90% of children reported that:
- Their teachers help them to do their best.
- Their teachers listen to what they have to say in lessons.
- There is an adult in school they can talk to if something is worrying them.
- The school encourages them to look after their physical health (for example healthy eating and fitness).
- The school encourages them to look after their emotional and mental health.
- The school encourages them to be independent and to take on responsibilities.
- The school encourages them to respect people from other backgrounds and to treat everyone equally.
In February 2022 over 90% of children reported that:
91% They enjoy school
97% Teacher helps them to do their best
90% They are given work that challenges (we want this to be even higher) so we will be working on this
92% They enjoy learning at school
92% Teachers listen to what they have to say
92% They have an adult they could talk to in school
91% Bullying does not happen or is dealt with
90% They feel safe at school (we have followed up on this as all children should feel safe at school, children do worry about things personal to them)
97% They are encouraged to look after their physical health
95% They are encouraged to look after their emotional and mental health
95% They take part in activities outside of school
97% They are encouraged to be independent and take on responsibilities
97% They are encouraged to respect people from other backgrounds and treat people equally
95% The school provides me with information about my next steps
Behaviour of other pupils in class and around school is still perceived to be below 90% good so we are addressing this. The Pupil Leadership team have done two learning walks and were impressed at just how focused all the children were in every lesson they visited. Behaviour around the school is good, PLT had high expectations and did not see any off task behaviour during the learning walks.