Pupil views from Summer Term 2021
The Downs is continually looking to work with all members of its community so we can continue to grow and develop. As a school, we value the opinion of children and regularly ask for feedback, this may be formally or informally, and will help us to improve further.
In the last survey, June 2021, over 90% of children stated:
- Their teachers help them to do their best.
- Their teachers listen to what they have to say in lessons.
- There is an adult in school they can talk to if something is worrying them.
- The school encourages them to look after their physical health (for example healthy eating and fitness).
- The school encourages them to look after their emotional and mental health.
- The school encourages them to be independent and to take on responsibilities.
- The school encourages them to respect people from other backgrounds and to treat everyone equally.
The survey has brought to our attention children’s behaviour and how it affects others in their class and around school. This will be addressed accordingly.