We believe in ourselves
We strive to achieve
our best and reach
our full potential.
We take pride in ourselves, our school and our achievements.
Our Vision and Aims
At The Downs Primary School and Nursery, we aspire to provide a school experience that:
- Is secure, safe and supportive, allowing all children to reach their full potential.
- Develops children's personalities, academic and physical abilities so that they are self-motivated and resilient learners with a 'can do' attitude.
- Offers a wide range of activities through an exciting and varied curriculum, enriching children's everyday experiences.
- Teaches our children to recognise, respect, value and celebrate the diverse cultures of the school and the wider community.
- Prepares all children to live healthy lifestyles and act responsibly now and in the future.
To do this we aim to:
- Continue to raise achievement and attainment for the pupils of our school
- To increase the proportion of good and outstanding teaching in order to raise achievement
- Develop and create an environment with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Continue to develop leadership and management so that it continues to have a positive impact across all aspects of the school